Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I participate in the Dual Credit program at EKU?
  2. When will I receive my EKU ID number?
  3. What happens if I forget my EKU ID number?
  4. What is EKU Direct?
  5. How do I set up EKU Direct, activate my EKU email, and register for classes?
  6. What happens if I forget my EKU email/Blackboard password and need to reset it?
  7. Can I register for more than two classes per semester?
  8. How do I get a copy of my college transcript?
  9. How do I drop a class?
  10. How do I withdraw from a class after drop/add week?
  11. I  have an orientation hold that prevents me from withdrawing.  
  12. What happens if I fail a class?
  13. I qualify for a KHEAA scholarship to pay for my class(es) but my account is showing that I have a balance due. 
  14. What do I  need to know about parking on campus?
  15. Where do I find information about transferring courses?
  16. Where can I find information about textbooks and course materials?
  17. Where do I find information about my Colonel One Card?  
  18. Colonel's Compass(For information on deadlines, add/drop, refunds, final exam and severe weather schedules, advising dates, registration issues, and calendars)
  19. Interested in getting scholarship estimates?  Click here
  20. Does the new Study Strong Scholarship pay for my dual credit classes?

How do I participate in the Dual Credit program at EKU?

In order to participate in EKU Dual Credit, students should apply online.  Students will also need to submit a high school transcript with a minumum unweighted grade point average.  In addition, students must meet class pre-requities.  For additional information, please visit

The EKU Dual Credit online application is located at:  

Students are encouraged to request their transcript via Parchment during the application process.

When will I receive my EKU ID Number?

 Once you are admitted to EKU, you will receive an email from Admissions  stating that you have been accepted.  A few days after you are admitted, you will receive another email that will have your student ID number (EKU does not use social security numbers) and information on how to access your MyEKU account and EKU email.  Please keep your student ID number with you on campus.

What happens if I forget my EKU Student ID Number?  You can always refer back to the emails you first received or reach out to the dual credit office so that I can resend them.  

What is MyEKU?

You MyEKU account is your connection to campus services.  These services include registering for classes, checking your midterm and final grades, and much more. 

How do I set up myEKU, activate my EKU email, and register for classes?

You will activate your MyEKU and student email with emails you will receive a day or two after being admitted to the university.    You will receive your EKU ID number, your  email address and your temporary password for EKU email account access .  Please keep this information confidential and easily accessible.  After you successfully log in, you will secure your account with two factor authenication here.  

Online Registration for EKU Students

Help with online registration is available at the Office of the Registrar, SSB 239, or by phone at 622-2320. You may also get assistance at your regional campus or the dual credit office. 

www.eku.eku and click on the login drop down menu in the top right corner

Click on “current students…” and log in with EKU email and email password.

Find the Registration card.  If you don’t see it, scroll to the bottom, click on “discover more” and search for the name of the card.  You can then add it to the menu by clicking the bookmark symbol in the top right corner.

Click on “Register for Classes”

Click on “registration agreement” and click save.

Choose Term and enter RAC number

Use tab to choose “enter CRN’s” and submit. 

If you get a registration error, it will show on the top of the page.

What happens if I forget my email/Blackboard password and need to reset it?  Click here for instructions.  

Can students register for more than 2 classes per semester?

EKU Dual Credit policy states that students are permitted to register for two classes per semester. 

A student wishing to enroll in more than two classes per semester cannot do so as an EKU Dual Credit student.  The student may, however, apply online as a High School Special student.  A high school transcript and letter of recommendation from the high school principal or counselor is required.  Students who are admitted as High School Special students can take more two courses per semester.  Students will be charged full tuition ($394 per credit hour for the 2021/22 academic year).

Students cannot be admitted as both a dual credit student and high school special student at the same time.

How do I get a copy of my college transcript?

Unofficial transcripts are available to each student through their EKUDirect student web account. Look for the link under the Student Records menu.  **Unofficial transcripts do not include degrees or university certificates earned at EKU.  

Official transcipts can be ordered at:

Dropping a class:  

How to drop or withdraw in MyEKU

To withdraw from your course(s) you will need to do so in MyEKU.

Go to the Registration Card

Click on Register Add/Drop Courses

Choose the semester

Then click Continue

Under the Summary Box (located in the bottom right of the page)

Find the course to drop

Click the drop down box next to the course

Choose Drop/Withdraw by Web

Then click Submit Changes

Withdrawing from a class:  

After the first week of class, the only option to get out of a class is to withdraw from it.   You can withdraw from a class by following the same instructions as dropping a class.  The only exception is on the drop down menu, you will choose "withdrawn by web" instead.  For full semester classes, you may only withdraw during the first 12 weeks of class.  If you withdraw there will be a "W" on your official college transcript.  For more information on withdrawing from a class, visit the Registrar's website here: 

If you have an orientation hold preventing you from withdrawing from a class:

Please email the Registrar's office at for assistance.  The hold will be released for 24 hours and the student must withdraw from the course during that time.  Students should send this request through their EKU email.  With your request that the hold be lifted, please include your name, EKU ID number, and course information.  You will be required to check back frequently so that you can withdraw within the 24 hour hold release time frame. 

Repeating a Course: 

Per the EKU Dual Credit policy, students who receive a "D", "F" or "FN" in a course must retake that course and achieve a "C" or better in order to continue in the program and take additional courses.  If you wish to retake a course, email the Registrar's office through your EKU email account.  Please address the following in the email and send to

1.  Why do you feel you were unsuccessful in the course the first time you took it?

2.  What has changed that makes you believe that retaking the course at this time will permit you to be successful?

3.  What actions are you going to take to assure that you are successful in the course this time around?

4.  Please include your name and EKU ID number in the correspondence.

Any repeated courses will be charged at $91 per credit hour for the 2022/2023 academic year.  

Assignment of Scholarships from the State Dual Credit and Work Ready programs (KHEAA):

Because of procedures to assign state dual credit scholarships through KHEAA, student accounts will not reflect scholarships, and will have a tuition balance, until November for Fall semester and April for the Spring semester.  However, students may pay for course materials and tuition, if not using a KHEAA Scholarship, invoiced at any time.  We will email students when accounts are accurate but students are encouraged to check their EKU Direct account as well.  Both KHEAA scholarships have separate applications through the KHEAA website at or •

Study Strong Award

No.  The Study Strong Award is applied during your freshman year at EKU.  For additional information, please visit the Study Strong web page at:

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/