Frequently Asked Questions
FOR STUDENTS AND PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS:
- How do I participate in the Dual Credit program at EKU?
- When will I receive my EKU ID number?
- What happens if I forget my EKU ID number?
- What is EKU Direct?
- How do I set up EKU Direct and register for classes?
- How do I activate my student email account?
- What happens if I forget my EKU email/Blackboard password and need to reset it?
- Can I register for more than two classes per semester?
- How do I get a copy of my college transcript?
- How do I drop a class?
- How do I withdraw from a class after drop/add week?
- I have an orientation hold that prevents me from withdrawing.
- What happens if I fail a class?
- I qualify for a scholarship to pay for my class(es) but my account is showing that I have a balance due.
- What do I need to know about parking on campus?
- Where do I find information about transferring courses?
- Where can I find information about textbooks and course materials?
- Where do I find information about my Colonel One Card?
- Colonel's Compass: (For information on deadlines, add/drop, refunds, final exam and severe weather schedules, advising dates, registration issues, and calendars)
- Interested in getting scholarship estimates? Click here.
In order to participate in EKU Dual Credit, students should apply online. Students will also need to submit a high school transcript, qualifying ACT scores and a tuition acknowledgment form signed by a parent or guardian.
The EKU Dual Credit online application is located at: http://dualcredit.eku.edu/how-do-i-apply-0.
Tuition Acknowledge Form is available here.
Once you are admitted to EKU, you will receive a letter saying that you have been accepted. This letter will have your student ID number (EKU does not use social security numbers) and information on how to access EKUDirect. Please keep your student ID number with you on campus.
What happens if I forget my EKU Student ID Number? Click here for "instructions to obtain your forgotten student ID number. "
EKU Direct is your connection to campus services. These services include activating your EKU email account, registering for classes, checking your midterm and final grades, and much more.
Online Registration for EKU Students
Help with online registration is available at the Office of the Registrar, SSB 239, or by phone at 622-2320. You may also get assistance at your regional campus.
- Go to the EKU homepage at www.eku.edu.
- Under “My EKU” at the bottom of the page, click on “EKU Direct”
- Click on the “Login to EKUDirect” link
After you click Login to EKUDirect:
First Time Users:
- User ID – enter your EKU ID number (no dashes or spaces)
- Pin – type in your birthday as a 6-digit number (example: December 27, 1962 would be 122762)
- Click LOGIN
- You will be asked to re-enter your old PIN. This will be your 6 digit birthday again. In the second box, enter six numbers other than your birthday. In the third box re-enter those six numbers. Make note of your new PIN.
- Click LOGIN
- Please follow directions for finish account set up.
User ID – enter your EKU ID number (no spaces or dashes)
PIN – enter the password (6 numbers) you created
If You Forget Your Pin:
- Type in your User ID
- Leave the PIN box blank
- Click the Forgot PIN? button
- You will be prompted by the security question you created on the initial account creation. Answer the question. You must type it exactly as you first created it.
- If you don’t know the answer to your question, please contact the Registrar’s office or staff at your Regional Campus about how to get your account reset. (You must have a photo ID if in person or contact us with your request through your EKU email account to get your account reset.)
- If you answer the question correctly, then you will be prompted to make up a new PIN. Enter six numbers in the first box, and then enter the same six numbers in the second box.
To Register for Classes:
Please Note: Before registering you must see your advisor and get your RAC* (Registration Access Code) number. In EKU Direct, the RAC number is also referred to as the “Alternate Pin Number”.
You will have a new and different RAC number each semester.
*Note: RAC numbers are not required for graduate students.
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid
- Click onRegistration
- Click on Add/Drop Classes (Note: This is the only place to OFFICIALLY verify you are registered, withdrawn, dropped etc. Make sure you do not have any registration errors.
- Select the term you wish to register for and click Submit Term
- If you are prompted to enter your RAC number (referred to as an Alternate Pin here), enter it and click Submit Pin. The RAC is required for undergraduate registration only. You must meet with your advisor to obtain this six-digit number. (If you aren’t sure who your academic advisor is, please refer to your DegreeWorks audit.)
- To Add a Class: Enter the CRN (Course Reference Number, which is a five digit number that specifies a class section). CRN’s can be found in the online schedule book. When you have entered these numbers, please proofread carefully and click Submit Changes.
- Check for registration errors! Please check the status of each class. If the status does not say “registered” then you are NOT registered for the class. The registration error for a class is listed below the classes that you are registered for.
From the EKU Direct main menu, select "Orientation" from the bottom of the menu. Select "Email Activation". Your email and password will be posted to the top of the page. Student email information will also allow you to access Blackboard, and logging on and printing from EKU's computers. To change the password, go the EKU webpage, www.eku.edu and click on "Log in to EKU Direct" and click on "Student Email".
What happens if I forget my email/Blackboard password and need to reset it? Click here for instructions.
EKU Dual Credit policy states that students are permitted to register for two classes per semester.
A student wishing to enroll in more than two classes per semester cannot do so as an EKU Dual Credit student. The student may, however, apply online as a High School Special student. A high school transcript and letter of recommendation from the high school principal or counselor is required. Students who are admitted as High School Special students can take more two courses per semester. Students will be charged full tuition ($375 per credit hour for the 2017/18 academic year).
Students cannot be admitted as both a dual credit student and high school special student at the same time.
Unofficial transcripts are available to each student through their EKUDirect student web account. Look for the link under the Student Records menu. **Unofficial transcripts do not include degrees or university certificates earned at EKU.
Official transcipts can be ordered at: http://registrar.eku.edu/transcripts
You can access EKU Direct from EKU's webpage, www.eku.edu under "Log into EKU Direct" at the top right-handed corner of the page or from the bottom of the page under the quick links menu. You will need your EKU ID number and your EKU Direct password that you created when you registered for class.
Select "Student Services and Financial Aid"
Select "Registration", then "Add/Drop"
Select from the drop down box by the class you are registered for and choose "dropped by web"
Select "Submit Changes" at the bottom of the page.
For verification, print your schedule. If your drop was successful, the class will no longer be on your schedule. Please note that you can only drop a class during drop/add week, which is usually the first week of class. A dropped class does not show anywhere on your college transcript.
After the first week of class, the only option to get out of a class is to withdraw from it. You can withdraw from a class by following the same instructions as dropping a class. The only exception is on the drop down menu, you will choose "withdrawn by web" instead. For full semester classes, you may only withdraw during the first 12 weeks of class. If you withdraw there will be a "W" on your official college transcript. For more information on withdrawing from a class, visit the Registrar's website here: http://registrar.eku.edu/withdrawal-information
Please email the Registrar's office at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. The hold will be released for 24 hours and the student must withdraw from the course during that time. Students should send this request through their EKU email. With your request that the hold be lifted, please include your name, EKU ID number, and course information. You will be required to check back frequently so that you can withdraw within the 24 hour hold release time frame.
Per the EKU Dual Credit policy, students who receive a "D", "F" or "FN" in a course must retake that course and achieve a "C" or better in order to continue in the program and take additional courses. If you wish to retake a course, email the Associate Registrar at email@example.com through your EKU email account. Please address the following in the email.
1. Why do you feel you were unsuccessful in the course the first time you took it?
2. What has changed that makes you believe that retaking the course at this time will permit you to be successful?
3. What actions are you going to take to assure that you are successful in the course this time around?
4. Please include your name and EKU ID number in the correspondence.
Any repeated courses will be charged at $53 per credit hour for the 2017/2018 academic year. Dual credit scholarships do not apply to repeated courses.
Because of procedures to assign state dual credit scholarships through KHEAA, student accounts will not reflect scholarships, and will have a tuition balance, until November for Fall semester and April for the Spring semester. However, students may pay for course materials invoiced at any time. We will email students when accounts are accurate but students are encouraged to check their EKU Direct account as well.